This is a 100% COMPLETE Electric Polished Aluminum Front to Back Flip Tarp System for your dump truck or trailer. The Polished Aluminum Arms will never rust and are 40% lighter than steel arms. This electric dump truck tarp system is made of heavy duty rustproof aluminum, making it both lightweight and durable, with a shiny, chrome-like finish that gives your truck a polished look while preventing pitting. A flip tarp system saves both time and money by covering and uncovering a load in seconds with the turn of a switch or the press of a button. It is also a much safer solution, allowing drivers to operate the tarp system from the ground or from inside the cab. What used to be a dangerous, grueling, and labor-intensive task is now one of the easiest parts of the job! Here's how a tarp system works: The tarp is spooled on an axle which is mounted at the front of the dump bed, behind or above the cab. On each side of the dump body, pivot pins are mounted with four spiral torsion springs that apply pressure on the side arms, which cross over the dump bed through a pocket in the tarp. With the turn of a switch, the 1.5 HP Motor carefully releases the tarp, allowing the tension of the springs to push the arms towards the back of the truck. To uncover the load, the motor winds the axle in the opposite direction, thus pulling the tarp and the arms back to the front of the bed (make sure the tarp spools over the axle, not under).
This tarp system is typically paired with a Mesh Dump Truck Tarp or a Vinyl Dump Truck Tarp, but it is compatible with any cover, as long as it has grommets or a spline on one end and a pocket on the other. This automatic tarp kit comes with everything you need for a quick and easy installation (2-5 hours depending on experience). The tarp axle has several options for attaching a tarp, but the most common method is to bolt the tarp to the axle using the included hardware. The system can be adjusted to fit dump bed lengths from 8' to 24', making it one of the most versatile and economical dump truck tarp systems on the market.
This Kit includes
- (1) Apache Slim Motor 1.5 HP 50:1 gear ratio with Chrome cover 3 year warranty
- (1) Rotary Switch Kit with all Terminals and Fuses
- (1) 50' Roll of Dual Conductor 8 Gauge Wire **Per Foot**
- (2) Tarp Spool Mounting Bracket
- (1) Aluminum HD Extruded Tarp Axle 103" Long with Axle Bearing With Flange 3/4" Hole and Stud Shaft
- (2) 4 Spring Pivot Pin (8) Spiral Torsion Springs, (4) Plastic Flange Bushing and (2) External Retaining Ring Clips
- (2) 4 Spring Aluminum Lower Arm 60"
- (2) Aluminum Side Arm with 90° Corner
- (1) Aluminum Cross Tube - Standard 103" Length
- (2) Patriot Plastic Tarp Centering Flange
- (1) Patriot Aluminum Hardware Kit with Instructions
This Kit Does Not Contain a Tarp, Wind Deflector or Housing.
For tarp size please subtract 6" from the bed width to prevent the tarp from bunching up and add 2' to the bed length to accommodate for loads that are piled high in the center.